Big Brothers Big Sisters Lehigh Valley is making changes to improve this year’s Bowl for Kids’ Sake fundraising event which will create more of a festive party atmosphere for attendees. Held Sunday, March 4 at Parkway Lanes in Allentown, the annual event is the nonprofit mentoring agency’s largest fundraiser each year.
• The bowling format will now be nine pins. Any bowler hitting nine pins or higher on their first throw will count as a strike. This means kids will have a better chance for reaching a high score.
• Bowling will take place for one hour, with fifteen minutes in between each game to switch teams and reset.
• Each of the eight bowling timeslots between 9 am and 6 pm will have a fun theme with attire suggestions for teams and themed DJ music. Examples include Totally 80’s, Sock Hop, Team Spirit and more.
• Entertainment will include a DJ, magician, and balloon twister.
• A silent auction and raffle with great local prizes has been added to the event.
• There will be team prizes for highest score, best Phantoms attire, and more.
“The fundraising goal for BFKS 2018 is $144,000, which will help more than 500 children stay in school, graduate, build confidence, and achieve success in life thanks to mentoring relationships we create for them with volunteer Big Brothers and Big Sisters in the community,” said BBBSLV CEO Susan Bartels. “All the money raised stays here in the Lehigh Valley. “Companies, friends, and families are encouraged to put together a team and sign up on our web site. We’re hoping to register 280 teams of 4 to 5 people each.”
Bowlers are asked to set a personal goal of fundraising $75 for the event, for which they will receive an event t-shirt, a pass for one free game of bowling at Parkway Lanes that day, and food and beverages. Bowlers who raise $90 will also receive a BBBSLV thermal tumbler. Additional fundraising tiers include prizes like gift cards, and even a Lehigh Valley Phantoms party with mascot MeLVin. The event registration deadline is February 23. http://donate.bbbslv.org/campaigns/5761-2018-bowl-for-kids-sake
Bowl for Kids’ Sake is BBBSLV’s largest annual fundraiser for kids, with nearly 300 teams of 4 or 5 players each participating. The money raised through this fundraiser will be used to support quality mentoring matches between adult volunteers and youth facing adversity in Lehigh Valley.
This year’s BFKS Honorary Chairman is Rob Brooks of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, which is one of the event’s Title Sponsors. Service Electric Cable TV is another Title Sponsor, with PPL Electric Utilities and Stoudt Associates CPA as Framing Sponsors. Sponsorship opportunities are still available at a variety of levels from Lane Sponsor to Title Sponsor. https://www.giveffect.com/checkout_sponsorship/5761
The Big Brothers Big Sisters mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. For over 40 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters Lehigh Valley has partnered with parents/guardians, schools, corporations, and others in the Lehigh Valley to pair children (Littles) qualified, trained volunteers (Bigs) and monitor these one-to-one relationships throughout their course.