11/18/21. Fall cleaning, much like spring-cleaning, can be slightly overwhelming. But, when you have community partners like the Lehigh Valley Labor Council lend their hands and hearts to the BIG Fall clean, you can conquer anything! Last Saturday, over thirty volunteers came together to prepare our Youth Mentoring Center for the Winter season.
Fall Clean Up Lessons 101:
- Cooking oil can be used to fix squeaky door hinges. Grease hinges and give them some love and care so they open and close smoothly.
- On a cloudy day, clean the windows on the inside and outside. It gives a little more time for the lather to dry and eliminates streaks.
- Open windows to let in that refreshing, crisp autumn breeze, this makes it easier to wipe down window sills with a damp cloth for dusting and deodorizing.
- White Easy eraser sponges are great for cleaning white cabinets in the kitchen and can also be used for errors made on large Art projects. (STEAM hack downloaded….Ha!)
- Decrease the clutter by recycling Tupperware, old school papers, plastic bags and bottles. Save and organize items you may need later like batteries, flashlights, and first aid items so you can easily find them when you need them.
- Time flies when you are having #fun! The project wrapped up earlier than expected because Together Everyone Achieves More. (Yay, TEAM!)
Where else can you have this much fun volunteering AND learn a few life hacks, too?! Special thanks to our Teen Works Board members, apprentices’ from International Brotherhood of Electrical Worker (IBEW) 375 and the Labor Council for pitching in to make our Fall Clean Up project a sparkling success! We are more than ready to serve the community at our Winter events and celebrations. See you there!